Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A little slice of heaven
It was supposed to be my day off, but I had to go into the office at 8 AM to take care of a few things that I couldn't finish up last night on my shift. I had thought I'd get out of there after just an hour or two, but circumstances caused me to have to wait an extra hour for something to get done before I could finish up my end of the tasks. I had plenty of other work-related things to do but since it was supposed to be my day off I decided instead to wander down to the nail place and inquire about a pedicure. I've never had one and I was reluctant since my feet are a mess with heavy callouses from 45 years of going barefoot every chance I get, not to mention the broken, misshapen toenails. But she didn't bat an eye when I embarrassingly showed her my feet. And I gotta tell ya, the massage chair and whirlpool foot bath would have been heaven enough, but throw in the foot and leg massage plus the miracle of walking out of there with pretty painted toenails (a first for me) and I'm hooked. Pedicures are most definitely getting added to the monthly budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment