Monday, June 19, 2006

I liked my coffee black
I've been an avid coffee drinker for about 25 years with a daily consumption that used to be around 12 cups before I cut it down to 8 cups a day. I haven't had any coffee since Wednesday and I've had one hell of a headache in addition to being grumpy and foggy-headed. I know this is going to pass and I'll feel better than ever down the road, but in the meantime it's pretty rough going. I remember reading somewhere that caffeine withdrawal lasts about three days, but I suspect it's going to be a long time before I stop jonesing for coffee. I spent my workday across the hall from a coffee shop that makes wonderful coffee and I swear I could smell the aroma wafting in all day long. I held firm and drank my sparkling water instead, but will I make it a week, a month, a year? Is there a coffee addicts anonymous?

No comments:

Post a Comment