Friday, April 28, 2006

I ALMOST FORGOT THIS FUNNY SHIT...

Yesterday, I was at central stores picking up material with my boss and a central store employee. The radio was playing the Stone's "get off my Cloud" and I seized the moment.With a really old and tired joke.

Radio: Hey! You! Get offa my cloud!
Me: Hey man did you know this song is about Dennis Weaver?
Boss: Really?
Central store employee: Really?
Me: Yeah, when they played at Altamont, you know,they had hired the Hells Angels for security and a big fight broke out and that guy got killed. Well, Dennis Weaver was in the crowd up by the stage and got involved in the fight.
Boss and CSE: Really?
Me: Yeah! And he ended up under a dogpile. Mick saw this and recognized Dennis and started singing " Hey! You! Get off of McCloud.".
Seconds of silence...Then,
Boss: Awwwww...You totally had me.
CSE: (silent)
Flash to today...
I was at Central stores again, and as I passed by the CSE from yesterday he asked:
" Hey Rob...that Altamont story you told yesterday...did it really happen, or was it just a play on words?"
Me and the boss almost lost it!
I love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment