Friday, April 14, 2006

GOOD FRIDAY

The short cut to the vodka store leads me through the parking lot of San Jose Catholic Church...loosely connected with the streets and alleys that connect our hood. It saves me several minutes of drive time, but the other day I was driving through the lot and many of the congregation were walking and praying through the stations of the cross that are laid out like a disc golf course around the parking lots. There were about 200 of the faithful walking through the stations as I passed by. I suddenly realized that i was passing by at about 5 mph with a bumper sticker that says " Jesus is my copilot and we're cruising for pussy" . So THAT'S why these people stare at me.
I cruised to the vodka store today and was halfway through the parking lot when the connection of good friday finally terminated with the catholic church...probably 500 people saw said bumper sticker...I started laughing and hit reverse to the stares of a 1000 catholic eyes.
Man...am I gonna burn in hell or what?
Have a good friday. I'm having one.

No comments:

Post a Comment