Sunday, August 20, 2006

REDISCOVERING MY INNER BUKOWSKI...AND YARD WORK.

Once upon a time a nightwatch staff I supervised loaned me a book of short stories. It was called " Erections,ejaculations exhibitions and tales of ordinary madness". By Charles Bukowski. Long out of print, but reprinted in two volumes by city lights. I got part one today..."The most beautiful woman in town"...short stories by a deranged man, my kind of reading.
That I'm interested in reading again is in and by itself amazing. I mean, sure, I read alot on the internet, but to curl up in bed with a disturbing collection on paper...wow. Culture seeps in to me after all these years.
I also cleaned up the driveway/front yard tonight, a little bit before and alot after Deadwood. Gardening at night as the old REM song goes. It's looking good so far, but there's more to do. And I've fired up the grill for dinner...cooked outside so's to not heat up the house...at 10pm it is still 89 degrees f.
As I grill the nathans hot dogs I will garden some more. And after dinner, a short story or two by my good friend Charles.
A corner has been turned.

No comments:

Post a Comment