Thursday, August 17, 2006

LET'S SEE...WHERE WAS I?

To sum up...the lawn mower is still gone, as are the knuckleheads that probably stole it. I hope they are in jail being traded to large angry black men for packs of newports.
The meteor shower was lame, thanks in part to an almost full moon. We only got to see maybe 8 shooting across the sky, and while that was cool, we were expecting lots more. The company was small in size, but large on friendship as we lazed on a giant carpet scrap gazing at a night sky and strumming acoustic guitars.
Ann and I set up our condo tent (sleeps 9) and spent the night...the first (even close ) to camping we have done in years.
And then came sunday.....
We came back into town and cleaned up and went to brunch...several margs later, we went to Target to get office space for Ann and Jarhead for me (not planned...margs) and I : Freaked the cashier out by asking him if the aliens in his registers card reader could read my mind ( I thought it was hilarious...no one else did), then, on the way out of the store this SUV didn't yield for us in the cross walk I said" thanks for stopping" which got an unintelligable response from thhe driver, to which your drunken asshat of a writer replied "Fuck YOU". The SUV stopped for a very brief but intense moment and I realized I had no business being out in public. They moved on, we went home. Ann was very proud of me at that moment (NOT...let's just say it's a good thing this kind of behavior isn't an avocation for me :) ).
About a half mile from the house the Rodeo started pitching and heaving, and that's when I realized I hadn't bothered to buy gas when we left dripping springs and when I also realized that the last time this happened ( running out of gas) it cooked the fuel pump and cost 700 bucks to repair. We made it home, but the rodeo has been dead in the driveway since.
Until tonight.
I have been messing with it a bit every night since sunday...and tonight I fixed it! By messing with fuses and relays and putting enough gas in it to prime the pump.
I have also been on a self imposed sabbatical from bad habits, trying to sort out what made me act like such an asshat on sunday. I'm not sure what it was, exactly, but I have an idea.
And I feel like I've found my balance again...we're finally doing some real electrical work instead of the chasing of tails that's been the norm for over a month.
Ann's job consumes her, and takes her away from us. I'm not used to being left to my own devices so much. You know, after 12 years of almost every evening and weekend together, the sudden and prolonged abscence of that was wearing me ( and her ) down.
But it's much better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment