Thursday, August 31, 2006

THE NEW PROJECT

We are in the basement of one of the science buildings building a rack that we will attach 2 starter/controllers to that will handle air conditioners on other floors. The room also houses the steam and plumbing stuff, so it's really hot.
When you get off the elevator and walk down the hall you pass through a line of fridge sized incubators, the first 8 hold turtle eggs, then there are geckos and whiptail lizards and that old familiar smell of crickets.
As you can imagine, I have died and gone to reptile heaven.
The turtle incubators are not labeled by species, so I asked some folks what they were.
Enjoy.
PERSON 1: "I'm sorry, I don't know...I just make the food for the fruit flies...you should ask those people down the hall." " I think they might be 'ripleys', but I don't know."
PERSON 2: "Sorry, I work with the fish."
PERSON 3: "No,sorry,I don't, but I've never seen one because they are, after all, inside incubators."
Guess which person is the smarmy, head up thier ass professor looking asshat.
So, I've been walking past these incubators dying to know what kind of turtles are gestating within.
More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment