Monday, March 13, 2006

AND HOW WAS YOUR SOPRANOS PREMEIRE EXPERIENCE?

The cable connection in the bedroom is much better, so I was reclined on the bed with Irene and Theo...My head propped up on my hand over Theo's head, spooning with him ( this might sound weird, but he's done this since he was a puppy AND I was fully clothed) . Irene was curled up behind my knees. It was canine/human bliss as far as that goes...snuggling on the bed watching TV.
Ann was in her office playing EVE, she's not a Sopranos fan. Fifteen or so minutes into it, a small moth fluttered down from the light into Theo's range and he went for it, sending the top of his hard ass skull into my waiting left eyebrow...at the speed of, well, the speed of a dog who has issues with flying insects, or roughly 5000 miles an hour.
Ann was drawn to the bedroom by my screams of agony...she came bursting in asking what was wrong and I could only answer with a repeat of the squall that drew her out to begin with...something along the lines of OWWWWWOWWWWWOWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOWWWWWWOWWWWWWW!!!! I removed my hand from my eyebrow and saw that it was covered in blood, I felt the blood dripping down my face.
"Theo fucking head butted me!!!" I was finally able to cry..."Bug...light...owwwwww...bloodied me"!!!
Of course, Theo had no clue what he'd done and it wasn't intentional, so I iced it down and sucked it up and only missed about 10 minutes of the show.
So, I'm walking around work today with this cut/knot on my left eye. Nobody's gonna buy this explaination I say to myself, I should make up some story about a fight in the parking lot of the sunrise mini mart, but I go with the truth and everyone gets a good laugh, except Rob from the central store, who after hearing my story say's " Ok man, now that you got the bullshit story out of the way...tell the truth, you got uppity and your old lady knocked the shit out of you"...thanks Rob.That kind of shit might happen in your house...not in mine, I get a head butt from mans best friend over a fucking moth. Ouch.
Another scar to add to the collection I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment