Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bit by Bit
I've been staying at the house this week with the idea of getting some stuff cleaned out and I've made a little bit of progress, but not as much as I'd like. There's just not much time to get anything done during the week after work. But now it's the weekend and I made a big push today on the bedroom and I'm currently blogging at midnight instead of sleeping because I have the bed all apart while I clean out from underneath it. The dogs are not happy since they want to curl up on the bed and go to sleep, but the bed is not there and that's causing much confusion. But it will all be back together soon enough and then I can sleep knowing that at least one room is cleaned out of everything but the bare essentials for daily living - just the bed, dresser, and alarm clock.

3 comments:

  1. this must be a very strange experience for all of you. you are a really strong person ann. x bod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. As Bod says, it must feel very strange.

    Have you found all those things that The Borrowers have spirited away over the years?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does feel a bit odd. It's as if dismantling the house is the physical representation of the dismantling of our long-term relationship.

    And I have found a few of the missing forks, but no sign yet of the missing pairs of scissors.

    ReplyDelete