Thursday, May 04, 2006

A BIG STORM

It's currently pissing doom here....heavy rain, hail, 65 to 70 plus mph winds, thunder, lightning. The whole 9 yards. Travis county and Austin are under a severe thunderstorm watch until 11 pm.
34000 homes in austin are without power, powerlines are arcing as they touch each other in the high wind, shutting down power across the city. 13 switch gears have tripped ( that's like a giant circuit breaker).
But enough about the weather...the other storm brewing is a Left for Dead reunion.
Let me explain. In a family tree sort of way.

1985: me, Bill, Jon, Pat and albert form Left for Dead. 1986: Jon and Albert go overseas, Pat moves to the coast,Left for Dead is ummm...left for dead.
1986-1990: Me and Bill continue to play together...but just drums and guitar. We jam with other folks until 1992 or so, and then just stop playing for a variety of reasons.
1994- now...Me and Bill form Wolves@th'door with my better half Ann and her friend Tracy, so you got me...vocals and guitar, Bill...drums, Ann...Bass and Tracy...guitar.

We have been inactive for over a year, but in that decade between 94 and 04, Jon came back to Austin, and while we've played together a few times recently, it's been acoustic and just for fun. No set lists, no parties, no clubs, no practice. In fact, Bill, joined another band because of the lack of activity with Wolves@th'Door.
And that lack of activity rests on my shoulders...I have had a long lasting case of the "I don't wanna's" in regard to playing. I just can't be assed to do it, but my friends have been gently pushing me to play again.

So...Bill's son is graduating from high school and they are having a party for him on the 20th. He wants the wolves to play. I initially balked at this and said no, but I thought about it and relented...this is important. Well, it turns out Tracy is at a bowling tournament at the coast on the 20th. But Jon is here and up for it. So we basically have a 21year reunion of Left for Dead with Ann from wolves playing bass.
Cool, huh? Albert's back too, I wonder if he still has his harps? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment