Saturday, February 11, 2006

THIS DELAY THING HAS REALLY GOTTEN UNDER MY SKIN...AMONG OTHER THINGS "AMERICAN"

As I surf the "mainstream media" sites looking for news about the bugman's recent appointments to the house appropriations comittee and a subcomittee overseeing the justice department, I am bummed but not surprised to find that none of them are questioning these appointments on a few but inescapable points.
1. DeLay has been indicted for money laundering...the fact that he's been indicted for anything should prevent him from serving anywhere in government, much less the appropriations comittee.
2. The subcomittee to the justice department has been charged with investigating the Abramoff scandal...something that DeLay is probably connected to. A perfect appointment to moniter this investigation and share information with the other weasels involved. Why this hasn't been mentioned by anyone in the media anywhere to my knowledge is amazing to me.
3. He's a crooked crooked asshole of a man who deserves to be keel hauled. ( OK, that's just my opinion )
People should be shouting the obvious wrongness of this shit from the rooftops. But there he sits, making decisions on who gets the funding for a myriad of issues and pork, and sitting on a subcomittee overseeing an investigation into corruption that he's more than likely a key player in.
OK...I'm being redundant.
Let me just say this....AAAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The GOP talks about eliminating corruption and then something like this happens. Everybody knows that talk is shallow and the most crystaline form of bullshit on the planet, but come on.
The US government is in ruins and rapidly caving in on itself, something everybody else in the world is aware of with the exception of the US government and 40 some odd percent of americans who still believe the Bush administration is doing a good job.
I'm not a supporter of Iran or Syria or any of those other Islamic countries that wake up and go to sleep chanting "death to america", I would suggest to them that they narrow their focus a bit, get over the fucking cartoons already, put the bombs and guns away, stop killing people in the name of allah or whoever and take a strong diplomatic stab at ridding the world of what Hillary Clinton rightly calls "the worst administration ever".
They could also take their ball (oil) and go home. America doesn't have the resources to deal militarily with something like that right now, and a stoppage of production would deal a crushing blow to an administration driven and controlled by the oil industry. These are just some suggestions...oh, wait, I forgot...we have nukes, I forgot about that for a second.Nevermind, middle east.
On the other hand, I seem to recall them having a striking effect on the war with Japan. As I recall, we blew the shit out of them and they surrendered.
But...If we did something like that, China and Russia would most likely retaliate, and while surviving a nuclear holocast and some viscious house to house fighting in my neighborhood sound exciting when I've been drinking and cleaning my guns, I'd really rather not have my dna altered and kill chinamen along my street.
So it seems we're back to where we started...in over our heads and basically fucked. What we need is a diplomat, a capable,reasonable diplomat to work all this out.
Maybe we'll get one in 2008.
HAHA...right.

No comments:

Post a Comment