Friday, December 31, 2010

Welcoming 2011










My preferred champagne has gone up to $40 for a small bottle, so this year I'm trying one from Spain, Segura Viudas Aria Estate Brut Cava, which was only $15 and supposedly fits my request for something bone dry and not very fruity. Plus, I have FIREWORKS! I haven't shot off fireworks in... it's been so long I don't remember. And I had no idea fireworks were so cheap. That little group in the picture there cost less than $20. Woo-hoo! I'm so excited that I'm not sure I can wait the five hours until midnight. I just might have to celebrate early.

Post-midnight update:
I was able to make it until midnight and our little group of revelers toasted the New Year right on time. Ah, good times, good friends & neighbors and good sparkling wine. T'was an excellent way to kick off the new calendar year.

No comments:

Post a Comment