Sunday, May 16, 2010

An unexpected sandwich
I bought a loaf of Sourdough bread yesterday and set out to make myself a grilled turkey and cheese sandwich for lunch. Except when I opened the package I found a loaf of Jewish Rye inside instead of the Sourdough I was craving. I generally don't like Rye bread, but I was hungry and didn't want to go back to the grocery store so I grilled my sandwich on Rye instead. It actually wasn't too bad; either I've never had "Jewish" Rye bread before or my tastes have changed as I've grown older. I wonder if anyone else got a surprise in their bread package or if this was just some odd way of circumstances conspiring to get me to try something new? Or perhaps it was a reminder of Warren Zevon's advice to "Enjoy every sandwich."

No comments:

Post a Comment