Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Year's Resolution

One of my wishes, for as long as I can remember, is to always have fresh cut flowers in the house. I've never followed up on the "always" part, even though it's a pretty simple wish to fulfill. I've always considered flowers to be one of those "unnecessary" expenses and usually will not buy them unless I'm feeling extremely prosperous (which doesn't happen very often.) Rob brings me flowers from time to time and I leave those in the vase long after they've dried up because I consider dried flowers to be better than no flowers.

I've decided to change that this year, thanks in part to a friend of ours that gave me a beautiful vase that is perfect for the inexpensive five stem bouquets that I can get at the grocery store. The right choice of flowers could last a week and that comes out to not so much money a month. And of course, I can even grow my own in the spring and fall and maybe fill up a big vase.


No comments:

Post a Comment