Thursday, July 06, 2006

SO I'M NOT FROM CONNECTICUT

But I watched the debate between Ned and Joe on C-Span because I've been following the race at Crooks and Liars ( I like this on line magazine because it speaks to my politics in general and is genuinely entertaining and informative ) That's your plug from us.
On to the debate. Let me be clear...I don't like Joe, I never have. In addition to being a traitor to the democratic party on a number of levels, he has the smarmy visage of oh, I don't know, a catholic priest...draw your own conclusions to that one. But it was clear to me that Joe was full of shit throughout. Ned, on the other hand, was full of feel good rhetoric. Is Ned for real? If so, sign him up. It sounds good and lots of people are lining up behind him with thier support. Based on the commercial they showed during the break, they are all young latinos. Now this is only ONE ad. He may not be pandering to this demographic, but this choice was questionable for a sample ad, and could make it appear that he's just a different, more or less sinister version of Joe.
Joe on the other hand spent most of his time touting his questionable 18 year record and feebly attempting to attack Ned on a variety of vague levels. "Who is Ned Lamont?" works maybe once Joe...not over and over on almost every question. He changed his colors....ok, what about this independant candidacy nonsense you been spouting? And why didn't Ned hit you with that?
Positive Ned: Lot's of good forward thinking ideas for his state and the country.
Not so positive Ned: Dodged a question about making his tax records public.
Favorite Ned line: (paraphrased )...Let me finish...this isn't FOX news. You go Ned.
Positive Joe: Make up artists hid slime from viewers.
Not so positive Joe: You still knew it was there.
Favorite Joe line : His compliance with silence to the fox news comment.
Ned's got my vote and I'm not from Connecticut, nor am I latino...if that's even an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment