Monday, July 10, 2006

IS IT JUST ME, OR HAS GOOOOOOOOGLE ADS LOST IT'S MIND?

The last post on this here blog was about nightmares, a bloody dying dog, knife weilding action and quasi talk show histrionics perpetrated by eletricians. And what is the lead ad?
1-800- Balloons & Flowers. Are they trying to cheer me up? Are they trying to cheer you up?
Who cares...
On to the big news...
On saturday I bought some scratch tickets at a store that I don't normally buy them...19 dollars worth, counting the 10 dollar trade in winner I already had. So...9 dollars out of pocket. One was a 5 dollar ticket called "Three of a kind". You have ten chances to get 3 matching cards and you win that prize. I had 5 wins. 2 of them were 6-6-6...(cool...if you were into sabbath in the 70's :P).
Now, normally on a 5 dollar ticket, 5 wins means 5 $2.00 winners and you double your money.
Imagine my surprise when I scratched the prize box on the first win and saw 100 dollars! On the third 100 dollars! I called Ann over to verify that I wasn't losing my mind. I wasn't. I had won 500 dollars!!! On a 5 dollar ticket!!!!
I got on the phone and called some of my friends to gloat, I mean celebrate.Never mind how many dollars it took me to win 500....it's 500 dollars dammit! And I was proud of those thousands of dollars that gave selflessly over the years to bring me to this place...this pinnacle of lottery achievement.
Being the big gambler that I am, I cashed in my winnings and went on a rampage. I bought a nice dinner for me and Ann, I bought some work clothes, And I hired some guys to clear out my back yard, which, over the last year and a half has taken on the patina of Cambodia or Laos...oh, fuck it...both countries entire jungle canopy was crammed into my backyard in the form of hackberries,mulberries and poison ivy / oak. And I still have money left over.
I am the current heavyweight champion scratch head in our circle...beating the previous record holder by 250 dollars....
Wanna see my lucky dime?
Maybe I'll have another belt made at the flea market this weekend..."Scratch Champ", and buy a buckle with the card suits or lucky dice on it, and we can pass it around like the WWE or something.
Nahhhh...

No comments:

Post a Comment