Monday, July 17, 2006

MAN...WHAT A SATURDAY

So...Toody called me and set up a brunch for Saturday at 11:30. It was just going to be me, Toody and LeAnn. They couldn't find Diane. Well...I found her in about 10 minutes using my Ann given internet skills and invited her as well, then I called Mike and invited him.
It ended up being Mike, Leann and myself brunching with Toody. It was awesome. She is aged, yet ageless. Still whipsmart quick and on the ball. She said her husband was shocked that she wanted to spend time with some kids she had in school 30 years ago and opined that she still thought she was 40 and we were 18. And for that moment in time we were. I have always been in awe of Toody and I finally figured out why ( sort of ). She has the common sense in abundance, the ability to look at things for what they are and call it like she sees it. And it occurred to me that my prime years fighting the good fight in the treatment centers had as much to do with her as an influence as anything else. Plus the fact that if she loves you there's no doubt that she does.
And she loves us...not just us, but the thousands of kids she's had an impact on over the years. Sure, she's aged...white hair, gnarled hands...she had all the indicators of a long life. But that spark was in her eyes...bright and quick and on the mark.
We said we had to do it again, and we will. In August. And hopefully the attendees will grow ( if I've got anything to do with it :) )

Next we went to Billy-Boys place to work up a set list for this weekends celebration of our esteemed drummers 50th birthday. LT called and asked me to bring the monitor and thhe board and the DAT recorder...we had a full set up for the first time in a long time. I was under the impression that it was just going to be us, but there was a fucking gang of people there. We did our thing anyway...it's a rehearsal after all. I think we are gonna kick some solid ass at the party this saturday based on how the practice went. It felt good, and I look forward to the shit show this saturday. We took pictures, but I can't edit them on this laptop...I'll edit and post tomorrow on Ann's. I drank and smoked more than I should of, not to the point of making an ass of myself, just to the point of being seriously pissed which caused a nap in the car and we got home around 6:30 am sunday...When I woke up at 11:30 I was reminded of my age, and the cure was quevos ran cheros with a pork chop and 4 margs at La Feria...and that creeping realization that I am too old for shit like that.
After I left La Feria, I went and got the movies "The Boondock Saints" (excellent) and "the Hills have Eye's ( disturbing ) and spent my sunday in front of the TV watching people kill each other in very disturbing ways.
It was awesome.
Then I went to home depot and bought some screwdrivers and a speed square...cause I'm an electrician after all...right?
I wish I was a Boondock Saint...BOOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment