Thursday, October 05, 2006

SOMETIMES IT PAYS TO DIG AROUND

When you start out in the electricians trade, by far the biggest expense is tools. I was lucky to have bought many of the essential tools when I was a pool guy. Initially you buy what you can afford and then later, when you get some raises, you buy Klein tools. The choice of electricians everywhere, or at least the one's I've been around.
Anyhow, as you replace your perfectly good Husky nut drivers with a set of Klein nut drivers ( hey! They have COMFORT grip handles), you end up with a spare set.
My old foreman Rusty has been at this for years and has lots of spares, he passed on many of these to me...gimmes...shears, a crimper, mini screw drivers, volt tic, etc.
That's part of the deal...you know, helping your brothers out and all.
I find myself in a similar situation. I'm working with an apprentice in need of some tools ( specifically nut drivers) , I heard him asking the foreman about what were the essential size nut drivers if you could only afford 2 or 3. (It's 3/8's, 5/16's and 1/4 ) So...I told him I had the standard 7 piece set that he could have. I dug them out tonight. I also found a set of allen wrenches that I had forgotten about...also in the bag for Will.
It's a good feeling to be able to help a brother out.
But there was a bonus for me as well.
In my search for above items I also found:
My Jesus Lizard "Down" tour shirt.
My "Holy shit! Man walks on FUCKING moon !!!" T shirt from the onion.
My Crass logo with lady liberty inside shirt.
My pen sized cns gas sprayer.
A super bright mini light.
And last but not least......
The long missing Social Distortion CD "Somewhere between heaven and hell"...Ann and I have been looking for this since the remodel.
Like I said....

No comments:

Post a Comment