Sunday, April 27, 2003

Ann's "fast forward":
2003... I'm unemployed (laid off end of November) with no good paying job in sight. I have an inordinate amount of free time on my hands since I'm no longer working 12 to 15 hours a day, seven days a week. A life revolving around housework is rather boring so I start paying attention to the news. I actually have a clue when Rob talks about current events these days (a first after ten years of marriage) because I suddenly have time to pay attention to what is going on. I don't like what I see and I can't help but wonder if it's because I and plenty of other people were just "too busy" to pay attention. I find it hard to believe that a majority of Americans think Patriot Act I and II are a good idea, but who had/found the time to read up on it beyond what was reported in the major media outlets? Certainly not anyone in my previous work situation. Bush and company ought to be very concerned about the unemployed - we have time on our hands. Time to see what the hell is going on around here and time to do something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment