Thursday, October 15, 2009

I can still walk...
Last week I was a bit concerned how I was going to do today at work. I was so sore at the end of the day last Wednesday that I couldn't imagine being able to scan a third store on Thursday this week. But my muscles have adjusted somewhat and while I'm still feeling pretty sore today at the end of the workday, it's not near as bad after scanning for three days this week as it was after just two days last week. And to top things off, I tripped over a dog and stubbed a toe on a chair this morning before I went to work. It hurt like hell, but stubbed toes first thing in the morning usually do. I went to work and stood/walked/squatted for 6 hours straight, not giving it too much thought, but when I got home from work and took my shoe off I discovered my toe is purple/black, twice the size it should be and a bit more crooked than usual. Looks broken. Of course, it doesn't really matter if it's broken or not since there's nothing you can really do for a broken toe except stick some ice on it. Maybe tape it to a neighboring toe if that makes walking on it easier.

Well, that's enough blogging for now - I should probably go prop my foot up and put some ice on this toe - but later I want to talk about how amazed I am at the variety of products in the stores. Yeah, I've been shopping at these same stores that I scan for years, but shopping is not something I like to do and I never really paid much attention to just how much different stuff there is out there on those shelves. I'm the kind of person that goes in to get just what I need, do a little price comparison while I'm at it and then get the hell out of there as fast as possible. Now that it's my job to notice all the different things... well, it's been a real eye opener.

No comments:

Post a Comment