Monday, July 04, 2011

Very nice 4th of July
I was off work today and I continued my long time tradition of grilling hot dogs on the 4th of July. I don't know why or where it came from, but at some point after moving out from my parent's house and setting out on my own, I decided that I needed to grill hot dogs on the 4th of July. And I've pretty much done that every year since.

Usually, it's just me solo, doing the hot dog thing, but this year I got my RV park neighbors in on it. And so a bunch of folks came by; I grilled a lot of hot dogs; we all drank many a beer and had great conversation for hours. No fireworks because of the extreme fire danger during the current drought, but still a good time was had by all. And there was an extra bonus - everyone helped to clean up the mess and cart off the trash before we all headed off to bed! Awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Your neighbours sound like a good bunch.

    Must be fun RV-ing this time of year. I don't envy you it in the winter, but round about now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure sounds like a grand 4th! Wish I coulda been there! Lol

    ReplyDelete