Wednesday, October 27, 2004

WELL, WE TRIED

This morning, he was alert and responsive. When I called to check on him at lunch, he was moving around a bit. When I got home at 5, He was dead. It may seem odd to some of you for a person to have such attachment ( I have been given many puzzled looks from people ) to turtles...but it's much more than that. Sure, I have always had an affinity to them, but it's also about rescue, and conservation and preservation to what is , in my opinion, a noble, ancient member of the chain. But, because of the woman who initially rescued him and did the research needed to get his shell patched and find my website , Cracker had a quality of life he wouldn't of had otherwise...and that's something to be proud of, innit? So, I entombed his remains, poured some of my 40 on the ground and toasted my lost homie (just kidding about the homie part).He will be missed.

[Listening to: Life Is a Long Song - Jethro Tull - 20 Years of Jethro Tull (3 of 3) (3:18)]

No comments:

Post a Comment