Sunday, October 03, 2004

THE OLD SWITCHEROO

Ever since the last fight Theo and Sullivan had, they have been seperated. And our evenings have become a hourly rotation of said dogs. Theo and Irene out in the house, Sully in the bedroom and vise-versa. Sometimes Irene gets to stay out the whole time, avoiding the rotation and getting to hang out with both her brothers. Sometimes we forget and an hour turns into 2 or 3 before the canine rotation occurs. As big a pain in the ass this is, the dogs have adjusted to it quite well and don't seem to mind. But I mind...Why can't these two boys get along? I understand the pack mentality, or I thought I did anyway. I am alpha in this house. If I'm annoyed by, say, things jumping out of the medicine cabinet and yell "GOD DAMMIT"!! doggies take cover. I do not make a habit of yelling at them with the exceptions of getting in the trash (Theo and Irene) or destroying CD's and DVD's (Theo and/or Irene). When Ann was in Canada a couple of years ago at a seminar, I came home to several chewed up CD's one day and several chewed up DVD's the next.This is when "GOD DAMMIT" became the universal cry of "you fucked up".
Dogs are smart like that.
Anyhoo...back to my point (if there is one) - I miss the 5 of us hanging out together as a family, Theo likes to snuggle at night, but Sully is the snuggle king and he sleeps in the extra bedroom these days, so no snuggle king for the alpha "dog" at night. We had some snuggle time the other night, but when I woke up it was Theo I was spooning with, not Sully. Theo put up such a fuss that Ann switched them out before coming to bed.
A right pain in the ass to be sure...but I don't miss the blood splattered walls.
No sir...not at all.
Enjoy your nap?

[Listening to: Breed Apart - Sepultura - Roots (4:01)]

No comments:

Post a Comment