Thursday, October 07, 2004

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL...

This saturday evening the Wolves@th'door are reuniting after an almost two year hiatus. This was the culmination of scatter shot conversations on the phone between me, the drummer and the other guitarist, cemented without my knowledge, but apparently I was there.
We will meet at the shop on east cesar chavez st. at 6pm. Where my sovtek mig 50 with marshall 4x12 and Ann's peavey 500 T-max with peavey 10x10 (it's almost taller than me!) rigs have sat idle next to badgers vintage ludwigs for all this time...pining for some action.
Suddenly, the opportunity to make some big noise is appealing. We have known each other as a band since april of '94, Badger and I have known each other for...let me see...15 minus almost 45 equals - holy shit! Almost 30 years. Ann and LT have known each other for...what a coinikidink! Almost 30 years.
That's a long time to be friends...and 10 years as a band is a lifetime, especially considering the cumulative almost 60 years that we have known each other collectively.Marketing bullshit aside, almost 30 years. That's still a long time to know somebody. Ask anybody. Really...ask them.
So this saturday we will give those amps the attention they have been pining for...I imagine mine will smell like the first time you fire up the heater/furnace for the winter...is that dust burning off or is the house on fire?
I have decided to bring my Gibson SG and my Danelectro guitars...I need to restring them and find my Vox wah peddle, and change the battery in my tuner...I'm hoping Ann brings that 70's washburn bass along with her standby Ibanez...I call it her Uriah Heep bass, it's a beautiful thing.
I have all these thoughts flying around in my head that amount to wolves lyrics...just spit them out, you know? I dream of a new direction for us, more mature and focused, but still music to break furniture by. We will of course record this...we record everything.
Look for a tenth anniversary CD in the making.Maybe...if we can pull it off.

LET THEM KNOCK YOU AROUND...

[Listening to: Good Times Roll - The Cars - The Cars (3:44)]

No comments:

Post a Comment