Thursday, September 08, 2005

YOU ARE F*CKED WITHOUT A VOLT METER

Over the past week, we have had a volt meter crisis...the foreman's dissappeared on the stadium job...some college student ripped it off, or it is in some mechanical room waiting to be found. The one my journeyman had ( a very nice greenlee meter) was reclaimed by his former IJ, I put a new battery in mine and it would only do continuity no matter how many sweet words I whispered to it, or how many times I "tapped" it against the wall (imagine the manipulation of old TV antenna, complete with foil) it was resolute in it's ability to register continuity and NOTHING else.
So, after work today I went to the home depot and bought a new one...I couldn't really afford it, but I needed it, we needed it.
You've got to have a meter.
On the bright side, I'm using the old meters case to isolate my nutdrivers from the chaos that is my tool bag. Silver lining indeed.
So we are back in the saddle again, and I have a new meter...and that rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment