Saturday, September 24, 2005

Go figure
A lot of people didn't evacuate the Houston area. I know this because I spent my day on the phone talking to people from the area who were calling in to find out why their DSL or cable service was down. Although I couldn't say this, I really wanted to ask them if they had considered that maybe Hurricane Rita had something to do with it despite the fact that it didn't take off *their* roof or flood *their* house. I don't mind people calling in to enquire if there is an outage, but with many of these folks you would think it was the end of the world that they couldn't watch the ESPN game day channel or check their email. I know in the back of my mind that a lot of people are shallow, self-centered jerks, but it's really disheartening to be confronted with it call after call after call.

No comments:

Post a Comment