Friday, September 30, 2005

GOD KNOWS AS YOUR DOG KNOWS, BOG BLAST ALL OF YOU (MAN THAT'S AWESOME!)

We got the rodeo back yesterday...whoo-hoo. That means a CD player. I grabbed Black Sabbath's "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" and fucking rocked out. 1974...this record was made 31 years ago. I can sing along like it was yesterday, every angst filled word. I was 14 years old the first time I heard it. And as senseless as the title of this post is, it made perfect sense to me at the time, and it's perfectly clear today. The music defined me in 1974, as a template, as the here and now. And it defines me now as been there done that.
And the curious side effect is that I am in a really good mood, a better mood than I have been in for months...I feel, oh I don't know... jaunty...
On the way home home from the third world grocery, I was singing along with this CD and inexplicably pinched off my nose to sound more like Ozzy...pinched nostrils + fake accent = reasonable Oz impersonation. I thought about how cool it would be to cover this period Sabbath with our band, and how funny it would be to sing with a swimmers nose guard pinching off my nose so I could play like Tony and sing like Ozzy at the same time. That would rock. I wish I was 14 again...sometimes...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment