Saturday, September 24, 2005

Just go fly a kite
It was the perfect day to go fly a kite given the weather and the wind today. Although it would be impossible to go to the traditional kite flying grounds of Austin because of ACL, Rob came up with an alternate location that we could try after I got off work. Unfortunately he was unable to secure a kite to fly. It seems that convenience and grocery stores don't carry kites anymore like they did when we were kids. And I can't think of the last time I saw anyone, kid or adult, flying a kite so I guess they are not a popular item these days. I don't know if we'll have any wind tomorrow, but I'm going to try to find a kite anyway. I won't set foot in Wal-Mart, but maybe Toys-R-Us is open. And even if I can't fly it tomorrow, I'd like to have one on hand for the next time the weather conditions are right because I think it would do my soul a world of good to "just go fly a kite" some day.

P.S. It was still hot today, 99 degrees and more of the same expected tomorrow. Maybe, if we are lucky, a cool front on Monday or Tuesday will get us down to the upper 80s where we are supposed to be this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment