Friday, September 02, 2005

NEW ORLEANS AND EVERYPLACE ELSE

I have started several posts and deleted them all. There are no words that can describe my feelings. I want to go there and help, but civilian help is not being allowed, so I sit on my hands and wait. I hear the news on the radio, I see the images on the TV.
And I see the inept response from FEMA, dismantled and rolled into that joke that is called homeland security. It's pathetic. I see the media wavering between condemning the bush administration for this piss poor response and stopping just short of the line. I heard the mayor of New Orleans calling it like he see's it...calling bullshit. I see suffering on one hand and the relentless spin of the right on the other.
This is wrong, gigantically wrong, and an illustration of how wrong this administration is in general.
There's a cough in the water, and it's headed into town.
Because of the slow response, things will get much worse before they approach middlin'.
And it breaks my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment