Friday, September 02, 2005

JUST LIKE PEAS AND CARROTS

I've got a lot of favorite movies...action, war, space, science fiction, crime drama and love stories. That's right...love stories. And my absolute favorite love story movie is Forrest Gump. The one movie that makes me cry, every time without fail. And it's also a barometer...when does Rob start to cry? It changes every time, commensurate with my own emotional state and what's happening in my world at any given viewing.
That unwavering notion that everythings gonna be alright no matter what.
And that's the kind of simple message of hope I want to send out. Things are not right in the world now, but someday we will be just like peas and carrots again...the right mix.
Right after we bulldoze that abusers house down.
I'm overwhelmed by metaphor.

No comments:

Post a Comment