Thursday, February 26, 2009

HEY!GRAMPA!WHAT'S FOR SUPPER?!


Slow roasted carnitas in garlic and ginger...Shrimp and pork egg rolls with home made fried rice with scallions and carrot. I know, my stove top is a wreck...sue me.
I never got a picture of the old man on my snore cot , but the Beenz obliged me.Damn...she's cute!
I'm meeting an old friend for dinner tomorrow afternoon...I haven't seen him in a long time. In fact , the last time I saw him he snuck up on me on the hike and bike trail back when I was working for the pool company.We've talked on the phone sporadically since and by sporadic I mean not very much. He lives out of town and doesn't get here much.
Back in the day , we were unit managers together , band mates ( Left for Dead days )and enablers of each others bad habits / demons. We had each others back. I'm looking forward to seeing him.
I've got a PonyRide CD for him...I think he'll be surprised by it. I stayed with the music while he did not , at least not in the way I did. We've known each other for a long time...he's one of a small group of folks who have known me since I was young.
I don't know why that matters but it does. Actually I think I do.
He has the whole picture...almost 30 years of living. He knows where I started and understands ( I think ) why I landed here and he'll be around for what's coming.And hopefully , he'll understand that too. Whatever it ends up being.
Old friends are very important...to be able to look at them and transport yourself across the years is a gift.
Moments in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment