Friday, May 11, 2007

What the...
Back at the first of April I turned in my resignation at work. My boss asked me to give him some time to fix things and agreed that I should take a week off in April. But due to circumstances at work I couldn't take off a week in April so it was moved to May. But then due to circumstances at work I couldn't take off in May so it was postponed to June with the promise of two weekends off in May to compensate for the delay. But then, one by one, the weekends off in May also vanished. Now anyone who has read this blog over the years knows I tend to put up with a ridiculous amount of demands on my time from an employer, but I finally reached my breaking point. I haven't had a weekend off since February 17th. So here I was looking at my first weekend off in THREE MONTHS and I'm told that I can't have that because other people are on on vacation. These are people who has less seniority, but whose vacations got approved while mine got postponed. If fire could have shot out of the top of my head, then the 24 foot ceiling at work would most definitely have been singed. But fire doesn't literally shoot out of the top of my head so I decided I had two options - either walk right out the door and go on a permanent vacation or negotiate further for a weekend off. I opted for negotiation and eventually ended up with one weekend off in May, but I'm not entirely sure that walking out the door wasn't the better option.

No comments:

Post a Comment