Wednesday, May 09, 2007

DUDE...WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!

I sent my old friend Mark, who lives in Colorado some CDs among them were Plans and Transatlantacism by Death Cab For Cutie.He called me early tues morning to say they had arrived and he was listening to Trans on his way to work.And now I paraphrase his comment: "I'm surprised...it's so melodic and mellow...dude!What happened to you?!"
Mark has always been in the 24 odd years we've known each other more partial to the poppier mellow stuff,and back in the day I was all about anger and aggression in my tunes.But I had my mellow side as well and I was always focused on lyrics and this guy can write some songs let me tell you.
Here's "Marching Bands Of Manhatten"...enjoy.
"If I could open my mouth,wide enough for a marching band to march out" priceless!



Just wait till he gets to The Cutthroats 9 disc...HooWhee!I may have strayed in my middle age but I haven't forgotten my roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment