Thursday, January 28, 2010

What we have here is a failure to communicate
I called my mom tonight and discovered she had been in the hospital since Tuesday afternoon. I last talked to her Tuesday morning and I had no idea she had been sent off the emergency room Tuesday afternoon because NO ONE BOTHERED TO TELL ME! My dad didn't call me and my brother didn't call me. And my mom didn't call me because, well, she was in the friggin' hospital in severe pain and calling anyone was the last thing on her mind. I'm pretty angry about this, but also feeling very bad that I didn't go visit her. Of course, I know that it is impossible to visit someone in the hospital if YOU DON'T KNOW THEY ARE THERE, but I still feel bad about it.

She got back home tonight and was not interested in a late night visit or I would have gone over there right now. Looks like I'll have to wait until morning. I don't have all the details of what's going on other than she went into the hospital for a a blood clot in her foot and then some other stuff happened and she may also have gout. I also found out that she is going to need home health services to help with the medical care, but I got no details on what that care will be. But it sounds like she's down for the count for at least two weeks so I'll have to make plans to help out with the household chores. Meal preparation is probably going to be the the most critical one since dad is on very restricted diet. I'm trying not to ruminate on it too much since I don't have very many details as of yet. Hope I can manage to sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment