Saturday, March 28, 2009

Instinct?
I was eating lunch today at McDonald's when two people came in and walked by my table on the way to the counter to place their order. I was reading a book so I only barely saw their torsos go by, yet I immediately got the feeling that these two were trouble and that I should leave. I looked up, but they had already gone around the corner out of my sight. I thought it was odd to get that feeling since I hadn't really seen much of them and they hadn't said a word at all or done anything to generate such a strong reaction, yet the feeling was unmistakable. And sure enough, five minutes later, from around the corner I heard a foul-mouthed verbal altercation with the McDonald's staff. I suppose they got their order since they came back around the corner and sat down one table away from me and at this point I could have taken a look at them, but I didn't bother. I just packed up my burger and left. There was no way I was staying there with those kinds of strong vibes floating around even if they had looked "squeaky clean". Now it's not odd for me to pick up a "vibe" about someone, but it usually happens because of some mannerism or something they say or some sort of clue. But in this case, it came from nothing tangible. Strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment