Saturday, June 21, 2008

Request granted
I had grown weary of the 100 degree heat. I'm sure this sounds nuts to most people, but I don't mind 100 degree heat for a few weeks... but only in August when it's supposed to be that hot. That kind of heat in August is the natural order of things to someone like me who has lived here all her life. But week after week starting in May? Definitely not my cup of tea. And so I asked for a break and it came. We had the coolest day in a month on Friday with just a sprinkle of rain in the morning. I decided that was nice and requested a bit more rain. And today at lunch the back window on my car decided not to roll back up so I figured that was a good sign that my request for more rain had been granted. And sure enough, even though there was no sign of rain in the sky at lunchtime, a couple of hours later we had a big downpour. I had a wet seat driving home since the angle of the rain meant it blew in the back window and onto the driver's seat, but that was a small price to pay for a very welcome rainstorm. And of course, once I got home, the window rolled back up as if it had never been stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment