Wednesday, March 12, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM

I'm 4 ft. 11 in. of hell hath no fury!I'm ball lightning!!Don't mess with me...seriously-don't...

Today is my Mom's birthday,and while she's been gone some 15 years it's still a major day in my calender of events.While I think about her all the time,today is spent reflecting on the impact she had on me and in the world.
My Mom taught me strength...how to be self reliant,how to have a good work ethic,how to be in the world.And as much as we butted heads when I was coming up,no matter how many times she threatened to wash her hands of me,she never did for long.And I am a better man as a result.
She was right about so many things.She was a strong woman.She was a hero in WW II.Have I mentioned before she received the Winston Churchill medal of honor for her service as a nurse?Well,she did.And that fucking rules in the book of cool things you can say about your Mom.
I miss her terribly and frequently wish I could talk to her about things,but if I suspend belief for a minute and buy into that hell below-heaven above nonsense,I am talking to her.Everyday.
And she's up there in heaven talking gods ear off-and he's listening.
In keeping with my new years resolution to have a CD with four acoustic songs in the bag by the end of the year-tonight I composed Happy Birthday for my Mom,I still have to work the edges off,but it's small and beautiful-just like my Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment