Sunday, February 17, 2008

FISHING

Kyle and I used to go fishing when he was small.It was a fun activity to do with the kid,we had some good times doing it too.I haven't been fishing in fucking years.My work buddy Chuck likes to fish,and he's turned my other work buddy Luis onto fishing.I have been invited.
We were to meet at Red Bud Isle this morning at 6 am.
When I started this post last night,I had every intention of joining them,but when the alarm started going off at 4:30 and it was 45 degrees outside,I had better thoughts.
Those being "stay in the fucking bed Rev...fuck fishing".I did call Chuck to tell him I was pussing out and they had permission to make fun of me for it at work on Monday.
Plus my left eye was glued shut again,which has nothing to do with fishing,but everything to do with why I didn't go back to bed.Whatever's going on with my eye and the resulting gunk in it is like glass when it dries.Very annoying.I applied super hot water soaked towels to it and reduced it to a runny gruel...functional but still annoying.
And then I thought to myself,"self...have a cocktail".And I did,in the hopes of off setting the eye thing long enough to get back to sleep...didn't work out like I'd hoped.But I did manage a new episode of Clem and Jane.
I'm working myself up to making breakfast and getting the ground turkey chili going in the crock pot.
HOO-WHEE indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment