Friday, January 11, 2008

I HAVE NOTHING TO BITCH ABOUT TODAY

This morning at break I went to Hickory Street for a breakfast sandwich and while ordering this cook came out and exclaimed "ROB!!!oh my god!!!How the hell are you"?!!!I had NO idea who I was talking to.He gave me a hearty handshake and asked about my son.I was confused,perplexed.
While I was waiting for my order and he had retreated to the kitchen,I asked the cashier/hostess for his name.She said "I don't know what his real name is,but he goes by Woody".
Gone was the near afro hair I remembered...I haven't seen this kid in years!But when she said Woody it all came back to me...Woody,born a month or so after Kyle,brother to Wendy,my "niece",someone I also knew from the get go,who is now 27 years old.And it set off my hard drive(the organic one in my brain) and I remembered things forgotten for years.
And while the day was a hodge podge of drudgery and bruised and bloody knuckles,I was transported to a different time.Now,Woody is special in my heart,but his big sister is my girl.We have been through so much together from the get go.
And I rolled on those memories for the rest of the day with a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment