Tuesday, April 04, 2006

THIS HEAVEN GIVES ME MIGRAINE

Pronounce that meegraine in this case. Of course, I'm quoting Gang of Four from their recent release "Return the Gift" . New recordings of songs originally recorded back in the late 70's early 80's. I loved it then, I fucking love it now. It's like the songs aged with me and have a nuance that was overwhelmed by the spirit back when I ( and the band ) were 20 somethings. The lyrics speak to the past and the present. Go buy it...seriously.
I've been working in a basement for the last week or so...a hot, clammy, multi-level affair riddled with conduit, ducts, water pipes, gas lines, and tons of wire. cable, telephone, computer...it's everywhere. Narrow chases are everywhere. Most of the work has been in these chases. So, the trick is, the conduit has to be run in the basement, but it's providing power and fire alarm and IT cable and wire to the first floor. We have to map the routes in the basement to match the floor plan of the first floor. This building has been renovated and remodled probably 20 times since it was first built in the 30's ( I'll get the exact date someday ). It's a mess. I changed the card in my camera tonight and will take and hopefully post pics of this nightmare tomorrow.
Short and sweet...but I'm wore out.

No comments:

Post a Comment