Sunday, January 01, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

And how did you spend yours? I got up at half past eight and headed out to a side job that didn't happen. I had a new years eve breakfast with my foreman and his daughter and then headed south for home. Let me clarify something here...I refer to him as the foreman, the boss, et al. But when you get right down to it, he is my friend that I happen to work for. So anyway...I'm heading home and I can't remember when the booze house closes for the year, so I swing by and grab a small bottle of the blessed monopolova, only to get home to realize there are no suitable mixers available.
That's ok... I can wait, besides Ann is working and SCI-FI has a twilight zone marathon.
And that's how I spent my new years eve...watching the twilight zone. There was of course the trip to the store for munchies...Queso and little smokies and salsa and fritos...yum. Ann played eve on line and drank beers, and we fielded barky, needy dogs together...little smokies and fritos with queso can go a long way to shutting up the hammering hounds.
Midnight rolled around and we hugged and kissed each other, and agreed to save the totsi till tomorrow.
I stayed up to write this and kill the monopolova.
I got one more round to go, and the zone is still playing out on the TV...in the meantime I hear lame ass fireworks going off in the hood.
And I hope they don't catch my house on fire...stupid bitches...there's a burn ban in effect.
Fuck it! Lets party!!!
I got a tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment