Tuesday, May 13, 2008

BIG STACY PARK

Less than 2 miles from our house,Stacy holds lots of memories for me.It was in close proximity of 2 treatment centers-one I worked for,the other I managed.The former in the early 80's,the latter in the mid 90's.I met my ex and mother of Kyle at the 80's one,in fact it was on the sidewalk on the way to Stacy where she gave me her number and invited me to coffee.We were taking the kids for a walk in the park.
At the center I managed,we did lots of experiential therapy exercises with 2 of the most amazing women I had the honor to work with.I had a good friend that lived across the street from Stacy,and we spent many afternoons and evenings with our dogs there.
The vibe was always very mellow and friendly,and I'm happy to report that vibe remains intact.Everyone we encountered had their dog on a leash and under control.Greetings were exchanged,smiles were exchanged.Kind of like old time Austin.
The park itself hasn't changed much,some improvements and repairs to the many bridges and walkways that criss cross Blunn creek.Big Stacy runs from Live Oak Street to Leland street,then it's little Stacy,the delineation escapes me.
Irene and I will definitely be back to this locale.



IRENE HAD A BLAST,HERE WE ARE IN LITTLE STACY



BLUNN CREEK,LITTLE STACY



WATERFALL,LITTLE STACY


BIG STACY...


ONE OF MANY NICE PICNIC SPOTS IN BIG STACY...


BLUNN CREEK...BIG STACY...
Good for Irene,good for me,and it beats the hell out of drinking!
Another day,another park...stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment