Saturday, August 11, 2007

One foot in front of the other
These last two days were some of the longest in my life. It didn't help that I couldn't sleep Friday night despite the 12 pack of beer. Nor could I sleep last night despite the lack of sleep from the night before. I was on an emotional roller coaster yesterday and while there were errands that I needed to run, I just couldn't bring myself to set foot out of the house. I did apply online or by email for about 10 jobs and sent an email to my old neighbor to see if she still worked for the temp agency, but that was about all that got accomplished. However, today it was back to business as usual. I got the errands done and applied for about 5 more jobs. On two of these, I know someone who works for the company which might help my chances a bit. The rest pay so low that they'd be a fool not to hire me and get way more than what they're paying for. I don't want to be bored at a new job, but I don't want a challenge at this point either so low pay is okay as long as it's an easy job. Just give me something that's a 40 hour work week, 8am to 5pm, with weekends and holidays off. Benefits and a retirement plan would be a plus, but I don't even care about that. Rob's worried and depressed about the hit our finances are going to take, but there are plenty of ways I can save money to make up the difference. I've already cut our cell phone bill by $40/month and cut another $60 in other upcoming monthly expenses. I do regret losing the twice a month shipment of fabulous coffee, but at least I'll be healthier for the lack of it. Though that means I'll be drinking a lot more peppermint tea. Heck, I suppose I could grow a few peppermint plants and save that expense as well. I'd have to say that overall this day went pretty well even if it was a bit long. Tomorrow I go back to work and pretend everything is normal (except for the cleaning out my desk part - not sure how I'll explain that since no one is supposed to know yet) and then wait for Monday when I'll get some details on my future fate. But for now, I'm just going to try and forget all about that and go give myself a good soak in the tub with a cup of hot chamomile tea to get some of this tension out of my system before I head to bed. I suppose I'll throw some movies in the bedroom DVR player, perhaps with the Spanish or French soundtrack just to make things more interesting. And who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and actually fall asleep. See ya on the flip side....

No comments:

Post a Comment