Sunday, February 25, 2007

ON WITH THE RIBS STORY

So...I go see Rasor, he's glad to see me, it's been awhile. He's been my doc for about 15 years, but it's been about a year since I've seen him. He gives me the once over and checks my blood pressure. It's high ( what a surprise, I haven't been on my meds for a year) and we discuss options. I don't like to take pills, so we agree on a two pill once a day regimen. he gives me a months worth of samples and a script for lodine and vicodin for the ribs and sends me to an xray office, where a kind of strange girl takes many pictures of my ribs. No cracks or breaks, just a giant hematoma. A painful, giant hematoma.
While I was waiting at the house for my appointment, I knocked my bong over and gave my laptop a fatal load of bongwater to the on/off button, effectively killing it.
It was a freebie laptop from our guitar player LT and on it's last legs, but still...no computer!
So...I bought a new one.
Now, you think this would be a simple matter...NO. My laptop was set up on our dining room table, and wanting it back as a dining table ended up in a complete redesign of our dining, living and computer area. I spent my entire saturday cleaning and rearranging and today I got my desk out of Sullivans room. ( even after time has past it was hard to go in there...it made me sad.)
So here I sit at my newly resurrected desk, typing out bullshit on my new computer.
And watching my satan bobblehead bobble with each keystroke and thinking about Sully.
Bittersweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment