Monday, January 01, 2007

WE ARE THE SONS OF NO ONE

Bastards of young. The daughters and the sons.
I bought the Replacements "Don't you know who I think I was?" best of CD yesterday. Half way through it I was crying like a bitch. Sure, I was drunk...it was new years, come on. But on a more or less sober listening today, this best of is the maudlin best of. If you aren't familiar with the Replacements, they were the drunkinest bunch of mid 80's punks out of minneapolis. I saw them "open" for Tom Petty once...they were so fucked up they couldn't get off a song without imploding on each other after 4 or so bars. When they finally sat down, feet dangling off the Frank Erwin center stage, they delivered a campfire singalong worthy of a kegger in the woods, but not in the fucking Frank Erwin center, opening for Petty.
And thats why I love them...that and thier albums, some of the best songwriting ever. "Tim" is a good place to start...or "Pleased to meet me".
She's achin' to be...Just like me.
Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment