Sunday, December 31, 2006

Adios 2006
I'm not sad to see this year end. It hasn't been a particularly bad year, but it's definitely been a pain in the ass. That's mostly due to my job which started out on a rough note due to recent policy changes that occurred at that time I was promoted (February) and despite promises of how it was going to get better, things just got progressively worse and worse with each passing month. That will all soon be behind me since new policy changes put in place this weekend will make it impossible for me to meet the goals I need to meet by January 15th. In addition, I'll only be earning the base salary ($11.53 per hour for a 40 hour work week) so putting forth any massive effort seems rather pointless. Had I remained a tech, I'd be getting a raise to $14 per hour on the 1st which just proves how absurd some situations can be. There have been times when I regretted taking the promotion, but I have learned a lot of new things over the last 11 months and much of that was learning more about myself rather than the actual job duties. So looking back, I'd have to say that overall it was a worthwhile endeavor even if it ends with getting fired for the first time in over 30 years of employment. But enough of looking back - time to sweep the old out the door and make a toast to the New Year and better things in the future.

---------

P.S. The universe has sent me a sign that Christmas is over

No comments:

Post a Comment